FinTech Summer School
11 – 12 July 2019, Limassol, Cyprus
Emerging Technologies in FinTech (Financial Technologies)
This FinTech Summer School brings the world-renowned expertise of the UCL Centre for Blockchain Technologies (UCL CBT), together with Electi Academy to present some of the the foremost thinkers in FinTech technologies to equip you with the INSIGHT, NETWORK and the TOOLs to guide your organisation on how to deal with disruptive emergent technologies.
Introducing the Summer School
- Instruction by global thought leaders and academics
- Unique executive collaboration and networking experience
“We stand on the brink of a fourth industrial revolution, which will fundamentally alter the way we live, work, and relate to one another. New technologies are dramatically transforming our economic systems, and our society in general, into something very different from what we were used to thinking about over the last few decades”
Dr Paolo Tasca, Course Convenor
The Value This Programme Delivers To You
- A comprehensive understanding of blockchain and AI through a unique framework analysing the technologies and assessing economic, legal and regulatory implications
- How to guide your organisation through adoption and deployment of distributed technologies like blockchain and other emerging technologies such as AI and how to overcome obstacles and hindrances
- The ability to assess the opportunities and threats that blockchains and AI may generate for your industry
- Outstanding executive collaboration and networking experience with a community of highly regarded academics, guest speakers and interested peers
- Access to the UCL CBT and their associates, including the latest research, newsletters and events, both during and after the programme
- UCL Certificate of Participation
What you will Learn
This course is designed to provide you with a framework for evaluating blockchains, both through use of technology and business applications and from a legal and regulatory perspective. The following outlines the main areas of teaching spread over three days:
- Day 1 (Blockchain/DLTs and FinTech Applications): Learn from the experts regarding different DLT frameworks (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Corda, Hyperledger Fabric, Ripple, Stellar), low-level architecture of a Blockchain and its cryptographic related parts and discuss legal and regulatory aspects and challenges behind Blockchain, DLTs and Smart-Contracts. In addition, discuss how to use tokenisation as an alternative method for financing and discuss different methods of crowdfunding such as ICO, IEO, STO etc.
- Day 2 (Data Science and FinTech Applications): Learn from the experts regarding the value of data, best data governance practices and state-of-the-art data science techniques for analysis of data based on Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML). In addition, learn how AI and ML can foster a data-driven culture within an FinTech organisation and ultimately transform the financial services industry.
During the afternoon session of each day the experts will work with the participants on consulting assignments to help them understand through examples and use-cases how to derive value from the technologies discussed and how to properly apply within the the FinTech ecosystem.
Your Instructors – Global experts who will share their experiences and in-depth subject knowledge of the core elements of the programme
Dr Paolo Tasca
Mr Nikhil Vadgama
Deputy Executive Director
Dr Theo Mourouzis
UCL CBT Research Fellow
Managing Director Electi
Dr Kyriacos Pavlou
Mr Nikolas Markou
Chief Technology Officer
Your Practitioners – They will provide you with their frontline experiences of the practicalities of implementing blockchain and ML in FinTech
Mr Demetris Tsingis
Dr Stylianos Kampakis
Chief Data Scientist
Dr George Theocharides
Please note that prices do not include VAT.
Welcome to Beautiful Limassol!
The FinTech Summer School in 2019 will be held in Limassol, Cyprus’ second-largest city. Lying on the southern coast of Cyprus, it appeals to a wide range of tourists, from those interested in sun and sand vacations to those who prefer to delve into the island’s culture at its museums and sites of archaeological interest. Known for the centuries-old Limassol Castle, home to the Cyprus Medieval Museum and its collection of pottery and tombstones. On the seafront is the Prokymea (Molos) Sculpture Park, with sculptures by Cypriot, Greek and international artists. To the northeast is the Limassol Archaeological Museum, exhibiting artefacts from the Neolithic to the Roman periods.